a compressor to maintain the inside cold is required by a fridge. The thermostat within the fridge informs the compressor switch off to keep secure cooling ranges and when to show on. The thermostat delivers an electric signal-to the exchange change to begin the compressor once the heat within the fridge increases above the present thermostat options. Also you notice a pressing sound originating from underneath the fridge and if the heat within the device start to increase, it may be a compressor relay change that is failed. If it requires changing check the fridge exchange change to find out.
• Entry Relay Switch
1. Transfer the fridge out of the wall to gain access to the appliance’s rear. Remove the fridge cord in the wall container. Turn the water present off towards the ice-maker and utilize an adjustable wrench to get rid of the supply-line in the water device. Place of the offer line in a pot to capture any water within the point.
2. Unscrew the entry cell being held by the fittings towards the refrigerator’s bottom back. Take away in the equipment.
3. Follow the cables from the compressor to obtain the steel final container attached to either aspect of the fridge compressor’s aspect. Get the final box draw it off the container to gain access thermo relay to the exchange change and address together with your fingertips.
• Check Relay Switch
1. Draw the cable connection that is feminine off the final on the exchange switch’s side. Get the exchange together with your fingertips. Draw it in the final box, disconnecting both female devices in the fixed devices that are male within the box.
2. Search for any deterioration about the copper windings. Make use of a wire comb to get rid of any deterioration that is apparent. Placement the exchange where both female devices are using the male final privately facing down, on the work-surface. It’s regarded a good state exchange in case your fridge relay change is strong plastic with no copper windings.
3. By banging it check the solid-state exchange. The exchange is broken if it seems like anything rattles inside and needs changing. Proceed screening for relays with copper windings. Disappointment of the subsequent assessments needs changing and suggests the exchange is faulty.
4. Change the call on the multimeter to “Ohms X1.” Place both probes in to the two devices about the exchange in the multimeter. Zero should be study by the show on the digital multimeter, or even the hook must attract over the display’s experience to zero about the multimeter.
5. Switch the relay around, departing the probes within the exchange. The hook must proceed to “1” about the electronic meter and the far-left about the analog multimeter. The exchange that is switch back to its unique place.
6. Abandon the probe within the female final that is remaining. Contact the final that is male using the probe that is dark. Zero should be study by the show about the electronic multimeter, or even the hook must attract to zero about the multimeter.
7. Switch the exchange around, departing the probes. The far-left about the analog multimeter should be moved to by the hook, and “1” must seem the electronic meter’s show. Return the exchange to its unique place.
8. Place the probe in to the female final that is correct. Abandon the dark probe pressing the final that is male. The multimeter hook must attract towards the far-right of the display; a “0” must look about the electronic display.
9. Change the exchange over once more in place using the probes. The electronic meter must show “0” and also the far-left should be swept towards by the meter.